Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I Know Best !

Thats typically an attitude of an MBA-in-the-making. At least, thats what 'they' say. And they are right ? I would just LOVE to believe that. In fact, one of my friends out here, in course of a pretty animated discussion had once remarked "Always assume that others are stupid". (Disclaimer: I have really quoted him out of context here)

Almost all MBAs I have come across in my life so far have one thing in common. They are cocky, too bloody damn confident, almost invariably bask in self-glorification, mostly superficial and almost all believe that "they know best" !

So, am I any different ?

No. Obviously I know best. I always knew best. Except.

1. That I still don't know what I want to do in life.

2. That I still don't know whether what I believe in is worth or not.

3. That I am absolutely certain that there is no reason for a company to pay me for anything that I will do for them.

4. That I thought, friends are there, they will be there.

5. That I felt that the world is really a just and fair place.

6. That hard work do get rewarded and phony people are someday punished.

7. That after an MBA, you do know best !

Apart from these illusions, I do really know best.

4 comments:

R. Anand said...

u have no take aways from your MBA dude - leave your conscience behind and grow up...

else join the club... :)

Anonymous said...

"I DO..." (sigh... wot else - "concur with the monk..." - though i wish the place, time and other variables were different!) -zzz .|..

SRK said...

u din know tht MBA meant Mama Banayenge Aapko???

Anonymous said...

Does my heart so much good to see this post :-) P