Thursday, October 12, 2006

Icing On The Cake

That day I was very happy.

That is something, you know. I mean, I have never felt happy like this before, where I can view my happiness objectively. It is funny that when you detach your feelings from yourself how wonderful life suddenly appears to be.

I called up my friend a few days back. His marriage is round the corner. And as with every relation, it was expected or apprehended that things would not remain the same post marriage between us, considering the fact that the entire time would be invested towards a satisfying, fulfilling married life. So, when we were talking about a possible post-marital meeting I was quite stunned with the ease with which it was accepted that we would not be in touch.

And it made me real happy.

But there was an icing on the cake to this. The fact that I would not in most likelihood be able to attend the marriage was absolutely aggreable to my friend.

And it made me real happy again.

What's in a marriage day anyways? The sun rises on the same direction and sets in the same. And there are 24 hours in that day. Basically, it is just another day. Just that, on that day something changes. And it is supposed to be the most important day in one's life.

After I kept the phone down, I just wondered for a moment. Just for a moment, mind you.

Somehow, in this incredulously happy moment I was able to appreciate others more. Those who were moronic enough to stand by promises made in golden evenings during lovely walks and nonsensical chit-chats in school bunked afternoons, those who cared not to forget and those who care still to want me to share a "homogenity of a lovely experience".

3 comments:

SRK said...

I agree that a marriage day is not all tht special as it is made out to be...
and I def agree that post marriage, friends might not meet tht often...

wrt to ppl attending marriage, in fact, as long as my would be wife makes it to my marriage (instead of taking off like Ms Sherawat in PKSE), i care a shit abt who else turns up... but when i do marry, pls turn up if u have time

spiderman! said...

srk:
ur marriage - sure will...will take time out to attend...

Ashu said...

i agree with srk.. the right ppl must turn up.. all others.. may they be busy in things that interest them more :)