Thursday, September 27, 2007

YOU

I do not know why I suddenly break into a smile out of nowhere in a clear electric blue sky. I guess the electrical impulses in my brain have started its tricks. Or is it the heart?

I have not an iota of an idea in this goddamn world why I feel exhilarated without any substantial achievement both professionally or personally. Is it you?

Why do I want to play, play music, create symphony out of cacophony, feel a pulse which makes me lose control of my feet in the surreal illusionary world of Bach and Mozart?

What have you done to me that I feel that THIS is life. That it can actually last more than a lifetime. That in its sheer, utter uselessness it is unbearably useful?

I am lost, and I want to be found, not by you, but by myself for only through myself can I be you, with you, for you. Is THAT called hide and seek?

Why is everyone talking to me, even those who would maintain a harsh stony silence when I used to ask them the 'why' and the 'how' or more importantly the 'when'? Why are they looking at me in all their glory gleefully mocking me in jest and with that "I-told-you-so" attitude? And why am I not feeling irritated or skeptical about it?

Where has my pragmatism vanished, who has called my senses, in which street of paradise can it be found, if at all?

Why have you taken me from myself when you know I cannot afford it, not again, or did you do this only to prove that I can? That actually I - can.

How the hell am I supposed to explain to my ever-critical mind that my heart says that there is no tomorrow, that what lasts is today.

And today, you are all that matters.

14 comments:

Lone Ranger said...

If you stay like this long enough, you might soon be one of those with the stony smiles and I-told-you-so looks.

Feel some kinda warm glow within?

SRK said...

mebbe it is YOU...
mebbe it is the LIIT i had a few hrs back... topped up by some unpronounceable whisky...
mebbe i need to read this again when i'm sober...

but for now, kuch nahi chamka :(

R. Anand said...

maybe if u used lesser of greek and latin and more of english...

P said...

Ahhh, here's something that warms MY heart! Is there more than what meets the eye? ;)

spiderman! said...

@ lone ranger:

I just read your post. Its brilliant. Nothing short of that. At some point of time in life I would have given anything to write THAT. Now, I do not need it any longer!

And no glow. Nothing. But it does feel a bit heady.

@SRK and Anand:

I was very much sure that this would be the reaction from you guys. We are becoming too predictable da.

@ Fortunata:

There IS ALWAYS more than what meets the eye. And moreover, you have specs ;)

Anonymous said...

who is this "you" now?

spiderman! said...

Anon:

Who are "YOU" ? :)

Kumar said...

You are in love... :)
Now you know my email id so send in pics..

spiderman! said...

kumar:

Naah ! No such luck as yet ! Just checked whether I could write something like this. And I can ! :)

Nithin Rajagopal said...

and i checked whether i could read something like this!! and i can!!
on a more serious note, just a little more serious than the last one...actually not that serious also...a little less serious than what you might think...infact a little more less serious than you actually think...dont get me wrong here...but actually as much serious as i was then...but then, not exactly...actually, not serious at all...

see...YOU can too!!!

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Javed Akhtar and A. Bacchan in a movie long ago ... par yeh dil hai jo keh raha hai ki tum yahin ho ... yahin kahin ho

You must be pretty good to evoke that.

J.A.P.

spiderman! said...

JAP:

Yeah, I remember that - it was in Silsila which incidentally is one of my favourite movies.

Anonymous said...

oh! my god..have you also found a "you".. the last committed bachelor from bhadralok falls.. alas its a sad day for the reds!!

laal salaam from midnapore to kottayam ... bring down the shutters..there shall be celeberating today..no work and only play (read arrack n vodka)!!

finally the communist has a new cause :D

Tushar

spiderman! said...

Tushar:

Committed bachelor ? Communist ? What are you talking about dude ?!

Am a pure capitalist and I fully support polygamy :))