Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Living It

I am unbearably happy today. Which is somewhat of a surprise. The reason is even more perplexing. My friend is happy. And every time one of those who matter in my life is happy I am infused with a fresh breath of life - an incurable optimism, an undeniable lust to look forward to tomorrow.

Everything then goes for a toss. Its like I am living it - cherishing the moment, being part of that sublime ecstasy, of expectation, of hope, of love and of unbridled, unhindered sunshine. I don't know why, I don't know how it is possible to feel like this for someone who is not a relation by blood, someone who is a part of my life yet not my life, someone who is not just a friend but nothing more than a friend either.

Friend.

I have never been in love, so I am not in a position to judge or compare but many years ago we had this debate about which is the most beautiful relationship - one of love or one of friendship. And both of us ironically, had the same answer. And I know today why we had that answer. I do not know whether I have contributed to his life in any way or not except by just been there when needed. I have no idea just an inkling. It does not even matter to me.

Just that his happiness which he is cautiously optimistic and skeptical of, is so pervasive that it is bound to affect any individual near him. It is lovely to see someone in love, hopelessly in love and more so when you know that he is trying his best to be nonchalant about it, when he is trying to portray that it is just another part of his life. And I know that it is not!

To you my friend, to you, for all the glorious exciting uncertainties that this would hopefully offer you, for all the unbelievable moments that you will live through, for all the smiles which you will remember, for all the questions which you wished someone will ask, for all the answers that you always wanted to give but never did for want of the right person - to you is this moment.

For once, I will hope, albeit without success - as always, that time stands still. And for you, it just might.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hirok...ashadharon lekha ta...but jantey icchye korche..tor lekhar muse ke??but lekha ta pore am sincerely hoping that u would get the love of ur life soon...

spiderman! said...

paramita:

Muse ta ke sheta important ki ? :) its good to hear that at least some people still have hope for me, since that is something I never had for myself in the first place !

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...beautiful!

spiderman! said...

Relhan:

Thank you ! I AM honoured !