Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Realizations

There is nothing profound in any of these. Yet over time, all of these have been buttressed repeatedly leading me to believe that there might be some element of truth to all of these. These are my realizations collected over the last decade or so:

There is a poet in everyone. Its only a function of the surroundings and the
inspiration which is the foundation of great creation.

If you are selfish, you won't have friends but life will be convenient for you
and you don't have to make considerations at your own expense.

Goodwill is an asset but one which hardly gives you any tangible benefits.


When someone loves you, you will just know it and once you do you will never
mistake it for anything else in life. It will cease to be an impostor and will welcome you with open arms.

Whether life is beautiful or a sack of stone bags is purely a transient state.
It takes one moment to change everything. Either you come crashing down or you rise up in exultation. Whichever way, it is at the least, always interesting.

Sometimes, a look is enough. Much much more than a hundred words exchanged.
Sometimes, one word might be more powerful than all of what we have spoken since we learnt to speak. Sometimes, silence can be deafening.

The only thing which I have always carried with me and which I cannot live
without are memories. They are my greatest friends and my sworn enemies.

Heartbreaks are essential. Without them, you lose out on one of the most
important learning of life. They teach you to be sensitive and humble. They make us know that we are fragile and worthy of love.

The joy in the voice of your friends who are happy for you is something to
cherish. It is then, that you feel that all the time spent being with them might have been worth it.

6 comments:

SRK said...

Kya gyaan de raha hai uncle!!!

Scribbler :) said...

True True True...all of it!

Anonymous said...

I am disappointed. I expected something else.

Sourav

spiderman! said...

Vijay:

The disclaimer was in the first line.

Scribbler:

I knew you would feel the same way.

Sourav:

You will remain disappointed my friend - that post will never come. Not meant for a blog :)

SRK said...

Putting a disclaimer is no excuse for giving gyaan!

Unknown said...

Excuse me, heartbreaks should be banned