Saturday, July 08, 2006

Is there anything I can do ?

When people think I am inflexible, when in effect, what I am doing is standing up for what I believe in ?

When people think that I am snobbish when actually that is one attribute which I loathe ?

When people think that I am opinionated while I am only being passionate about my perspective ?

When people think that I lack commitment because I pursue my passions first and care two hoots about everything else ?

When people think that I am rude and insensitive while I am only just being downright honest and truthful ?

When people feel that I don't know how to appreciate them when in reality I am not being deceptive enough ?

When people don't understand implicit signals that I do not entertain certain things and yet they continue repeating the same ?

When people get irritated by my argumentative trait, when what I am doing only, is being rational ?

When people don't understand that it pains like hell and yet I cannot express it ?

When people are not even aware how important they are in my life and do not even bother to keep in touch ?

When I give a gift and people think that I 'measure' them, while, for me, its not a gift and just a thing I wanted to share ?

Is there anything I can do to change the way I am perceived ? Possibly yes. Should I do it ?

Most definitely NO. A resounding NO.

Why ? Because what if the friends that I have had so far in life are because of the very reasons why people do not approve of me ? Then, how does it make sense to trade off those specific attributes for creating a 'business network' ?

It does not make sense to me. So, here is raising a toast to unabashed arrogance and unapologetic individualism ! May I be in the 'not-so-good' books of many and be in the 'best' of a select few ! After all, I was never a "Maruti 800 man" ! Somehow Mercedes makes so much sense !


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well maybe sometimes you could stop and listen to all that is not said but meant. And maybe, sometimes, friends love you, not because of what you say or do, but inspite of what you say and do?
Disagreement does not always mean dissent or an effort to convert you. It might just mean concern. Without any ulterior motives. Spare a thought :-)

SRK said...

all i can say is 1... 2... 3...

Anonymous said...

good post.. i could identify with some of them....

Anonymous said...

Ok, just to be on the safer side, I am not anon 2 :-) P

Anonymous said...

Is there anything I can do ?
When u reinforce the fact that u are an MBA student by euphemizing what u actually feel and do, while all that you do is crib?! :D

Jus kiddin... zzz :)

Anonymous said...

Well written...set me thinking as well!!