Monday, December 25, 2006

Just A FEW Things

What would I like to change if I were to live my life again - from scratch. What I would want spans across geographies, across chronologies and across every damn conceivable barrier that you and I can think of.

So here goes the list:

1. For starters, I would want to be born in Germany. And if that is not granted, then Barcelona. Ok. Any European country would do.

2. I would want to be a girl. A girl with a sexy figure, brilliant looks and zero intelligence. I would screw around with all and when required would find a suitable billionaire ( NO millionaires please, ONLY billionaires) and settle down. And when I get sufficiently bored with that billionaire, I would again look for greener pastures.

3. In the event I remain a boy, then I would want to look nothing short of George Clooney. (IF I have that, all the women would anyway swoon over me!)

4. I would like to score a century at Perth or Lords against the bowling of Andy Roberts, Michael Holding, Dennis Lillee, Chandrashekhar and Imran Khan. The partner at the non-striking end would of course be either Brian Charles or Mohammed Azharuddin.

5. I would write a book - one which would start like Love Story, then move on to be like The House Of Blue Mangoes, as lyrical as The God Of Small Things and end like The Fountainhead.

6. I would want to write a line in that book which would be as profound as "
Teachers get emotional when the topic is close to their heart.. we ought to know where we should stop 'getting' from them and let them explore their fantasy land. By the time they get back we would have reflected upon what we got " (Source: www.kumarshut.blogspot.com) or as heart-wrenching like the last line of Rage Of Angels or Oliver's Story.

7. The film that I would direct would, of course, win a national award and would cast Sidney Poitier and Konkona Sen in a lead role supported by Catherine Hepburn and Naseeruddin Shah. The other pair would be Om Puri and Revathy. The music would obviously be by RD and lyrics by Gulzar or Majrooh. It will be a songless film but there would be a title track and a background score.

8. I would want a house at Nariman Point or overlooking the bay area at Rio De Janiero. As a fallback, Swiss Alps would also be fine.

9. I would like to indulge myself in a 'casual' discussion with either Socrates or Plato about existentialism and general philosophy on a warm sunny evening in front of the Stone Henge.

10. I would still want my friends with me - the same ones. Can't get over them still. Too heady and exciting a time I have spent with them.

Now, don't accuse me of asking for too many things and don't ask for justification. ONLY 10 things is what I am asking for and that too I have given options as well. I always was a reasonable man - I still am.

7 comments:

SRK said...

remember the tag line of the movie 'Bas itna sa khwaab hai'... it read: "All I want is... Everything" :)

on a more lighter note:
1) i thought u wud hv included Kolkata alongside Germany & Rest of Europe
2) I just can't imagine you as a girl... so no comments
3) Who said u don't look like C-looney now? :P
4) Century at Lord's... and some Ganguly type Shirt swinging???
5) I hvn't read even ONE of those books :((
6) The line was good
7) The movie is also a fundoo idea
8) If this happens, i'd want to be ur flatmate...
9) Discussion with Socrates/Plato... now THAT's something to look forward to... cuppa wid them
10) Thanks for remembering us even after u hv done all this superstardom... :DD

spiderman! said...

Srk:

1. No way - I am an out-n-out European at heart !
3. pj !
4. No, just a century would be fine.
5. Read 'em.
9. Socrates & Plato would want to be born again and die if they were to be a part of our cuppa !
10. Apart from being reasonable I am also generous :)

SRK said...

btw, forgot to ask this in the last comment...

what do u mean when u say u were alwez a reasonable man?

Are u as 'reasonable' as Vito Corleone? :P

spiderman! said...

Srk:

I thought that you would have guessed it the first time the source of that line !

IssacMJ said...

Azhar and Lara...By a mile...

Ashu said...

any body can post anything on his blog... and this post confirms just that...!

spiderman! said...

Issac:
I knew you would agree !

Ashu:
Didn't get you mate ?