Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tribute

If tomorrow does not arrive, a lot would be left unsaid. About people who cared, and who did not, about people who loved and hated and about people who did nothing yet were there when it mattered the most. This is for you. There are three names that I have withheld. I have no problems in revealing them, but giving due consideration to their marital status thought that disrection would be appreciated.

Subhabrata:

If there is hope at the end of the road, it would be you. Ours is the only relationship where I have always got much more than I have given. And this is the only time where I have felt elated on being defeated.

Atri:

Those days of unhindered yet apprehensive freedom, learning our first lessons in life, knowing what being 'hurt' meant, devising ingenious methods to satisfy our sadistic mischievious instincts, to live and die every moment of it - if there is something that I would want in my next life, if there is one, those would be it.

Twenty-two:

Possibly,if at all, my only regret in life. If at some point of life I had not taken the steps that I did, I would have been deprived of the most beautiful, affectionate relationship I have ever had and will ever have. I am not sure, but I think, THIS is what friendship is all about.

Souvik:

You taught me what my parents could not in 23 years - how to look into the mirror and to accept what you see, to know how I am as a person, what I am capable of, who I am. It is ironical that you never aspired to do that. If there is something called gratitude, and I were to have it for anyone out there for bringing me down to the ashes, for letting me hit the dust, I cannot think of anyone else.

Anonymous:

What a revenge ! Hats off to you for giving it back with aplomb, with nonchalance and the same degree of indifference that I once meted out. Remarkable !

Anonymous(;P):

Thank you.

Kingshuk:

Its been worth every penny. Every damn penny, man ! You are testimony to the fact, that there might be something called faith, that justice might just squeak into this world, that it is possible to be sane in insanity and that even if we lose, we somehow win.

Jay:

How I wish I were as magnanimous as you are. How I wish, I had that bubbling enthusiasm. How I wish, I were as spirited. How I wish, I could love so much. How I wish, I could be such a sweetheart. How I wish, I could create an impact as you do. How I wish, I could be so loved.

Saibal:

You gave me my smile back when I had lost it. I just hope that I was able to give you back some of those when you needed it the most. But, I believe, I failed.

4 comments:

IssacMJ said...

I wanted to write a post like this once. Turned out to be quite painful. Left it at that...

SRK said...

No comments :)
except tht i hv no tributes to make after 23 yrs in this world... mebbe, i am missing something :(

spiderman! said...

Issac:
I had been wanting this for quite some time now. But it becomes too sentimental and kinda mushy-mushy, so had to defer it a lot. And it does not do justice to people who have crossed our lives and given us some cherished moments.
Srk:
No comments from me as well !

Anonymous said...

Thank you though I don't need anonymity to own up to friendships. I don't think marital status changes much between friends. If they are my friends, then no change of status can change that equation. P :-)