Thursday, January 01, 2009

Words Learnt in 2008

Cynicism: Calling a spade a spade

Reality: Dreams

Illusion: Reality

Beautiful: You to me and me to you

Success: What I have and what you do not. Come to think of it, if all of us were to have everything we wished for, we would hardly survive. That is why envy and aspirations are time tested virtues !

Failure: Being educated without wisdom or being knowledgeable without education

Love: The idea of being controlled but never knowing that you are

Marriage: Expensive

Destiny
: Horoscope

Sin: Virtues

4 comments:

Heman - What a name! I know, but let it be said...

:)

Unknown said...

calling a spade a spade is sometimes being rude, not cynical

SRK said...

Calling a spade a spade is being naive, when u r playing Bluff!

and i dont get why being knowledgeable without education is a failure... unless u're interpreting the 'knowledgeable' as 'acting like a know-all'...

spiderman! said...

Haimanti:

Yes, honesty does have its pitfalls.

Vijay:

On most occasions in bluff, if you do call a spade a spade, chances are you will get away.

For me being educated implies an absorption of knowledge. (Actually I think I should have used the word 'information' instead of knowledge)