Thursday, February 19, 2009

25 Things You Are Better Off Not Knowing About Me

1. I sulk, a lot.

2. If I were ever to meet someone like myself, I would not even turn and say 'hello'.

3. I think I am smart. Rather, I KNOW I am smart. But I have hardly done anything in my life to prove that.

4. I am surely born at the wrong time in the wrong country. Temperamentally, I was suited to be born in France or maybe in Ireland.

5. I think people who love shopping are weird.

6. For me, whatever I eat HAS TO taste good. No point eating something only because it is good for health.

7. I have an unsubstantiated confidence that I am good at making desserts.

8. There are times when I can be quite...err...mushy?

9. I am a horrible dancer. And an equally bad singer. (I guess we all know this?)

10.I am frantically scared of dogs. Would anyday prefer a tiger to a dog in a battle.

11.I love anything which makes me think. Can't decide whether that makes me boring or an intellectual or a boring intellectual.

12.Cricket was my love. And like all love stories, this one has also gone wrong. I hate it now.

13.SRK was my favourite hero. Now, I think that guy is detrimental to Indian cinema.

14.Sushmita Sen is the only beautiful woman I have seen. Ok - Ingrid Bergman as well.

15.I love politics.

16.Kolkata is the stupidest place on earth. Yet, I cannot be anywhere else.

17.I suffer from commitment phobia.

18.I cannot handle women when they cry. It makes me fall in love with them !

19.I almost always will support an underdog.

20.I have some of the best people as my friends. I think they can walk into any hall of fame anyday. I am hopelessly proud of them and on most days, when I think, I cannot understand why they chose me as one.

21.I have been accused of everything except dishonesty. That is something I cannot tolerate.

22.I LOVE kids. If I could support it financially, I would not stop reproducing. Yeah, I know, you will say, 'start first' !

23.I love my country more than anything else. Really.

24.Nowadays, only two things make me cry - the last scene of Cinderella Man. I just cannot hold back the tears. Its ridiculous ! And the memories of my school - particularly the staircase at the back.

25.Barring 3 exceptions, I have always kept my word. And on those occasions I have not - I still feel guilty. For me, a word given is a word kept.
(This is a repeat post - the credit for this post goes to Paromita, who wanted me to write and post this in stupid Facebook)

4 comments:

SRK said...

yaay, first comment! :P

anyways, is this a common thing going around? I saw Greatbong's post with the same title, and now i see greater bong's post ;)

as for the post itself, I already knew 4, 6, 9, 14...

and 4 sort of contradicts with 23, if read in a strictly literal sense...

R. Anand said...

1. everybody does...
2. if u meet someone like yourself, i guess the other person wouldn't want u to do that either...
3. as long as you know, there is no need to prove... as for the others, they are not smart enuf to understand the smartness...
4. that is a very hypothetical situation. you wud have felt the same abt france if you were french.
5. uh... they are not???
6. of course... what else do we (y)earn for?
7. mmm yet to be tested.
8. so?
9. if you are dumb at something, you dont have to trumpet it out too... that is one aspect of being smart.
10. great... familiarity breeds contempt... bengali has not respect for bengal tigers...
11. of course... that is the problem.
12. it has changed... the cricket you fell in love with no longer exists...
13. :)) watch billu barber, maybe you will change your opinion.
14. she is beautiful no doubt. but she is only one.
15. sorry never got that...
16. that is because ppl there think they are smart.
17. you seem to enjoy it.
18. me too... because they make me laugh...
19. oh, underdogs are ok?
20. the feelings are mutual... sniff.
21. mmm
22. never had any of mine so i love kids too...
23. hahahaha... good one.
24. i am sorry, i hate russel crowe. it made me cry to think that such a good story has been wasted on him.
25. yeah bugger... we know...

spiderman! said...

Vijay:

Yeah, I guess this topic is tagged in facebook and any and everyone is writing it.

Ranga:

4. Yeah, maybe I would not have wanted to be born French but surely and most definitely I would have enjoyed it!

9.Look at the title of the post

11. Which one ? It had 3 options...

12. I think it would be cricketers and not the game.

13. I watch all of his movies. Always believed that I need to know what I am criticizing.

17. Yeah, ironical though !

24. Well, we have hardly agreed on films except for KANK and Vivah!

SRK said...

Vivah was a superlative movie... for one specific reason!